Do you know an exceptional student who’s doing great work in the field of chronic disease prevention and health promotion? Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD) is looking for students at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate level and recent post-graduates to submit papers relevant to the prevention, screening, surveillance, or population-based intervention of chronic diseases, including but not limited to arthritis, asthma, cancer, depression, diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.
The 5 primary goals for PCD’s Student Research Paper Contest are to:
• Provide applicants with an opportunity to become familiar with a journal’s manuscript submission requirements and peer-review process;
• Assist applicants to connect their knowledge and training on conducting quality research with a journal’s publication expectations;
• Develop applicants’ research and scientific writing skills to become producers of knowledge rather than just consumers of knowledge;
• Provide applicants with an opportunity to become first author on a peer-reviewed paper;
• Promote supportive, respectful, and mutually beneficial student/post-graduate―mentor relationships that result in strengthening students’ ability to generate and submit future scholarly manuscripts.
Manuscripts must be received electronically no later than 5:00 PM EST on Friday, February 23, 2018. Additional information and detailed submission guidelines are available on the PCD website at https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/announcements.htm
Thank you in advance for your assistance and continued support of PCD.